The next application deadline for the Lee Bank Foundation is December 1st!
Lee Bank’s community commitment stretches back to our origins in 1852. Since then, our contributions and sponsorship programs have cast a wide footprint across the Berkshire County region. With the establishment of the Lee Bank Foundation in 2021, we expanded our promise to engage a 21st century framework for community reinvestment.
As an independent, community-based bank, we do not have financial obligations to shareholders. Instead, our obligation--and our privilege--is to focus on community reinvestment with financial support for many fine organizations that keep the Berkshires thriving and striving.
Our grant and sponsorship recipients range from arts and culture organizations to grass-roots groups focused on food security, literacy, job readiness, economic development and many other initiatives benefiting area families and children. We prioritize Berkshire-based organizations that receive the majority of their funding from local sources.
During 2020, Lee Bank’s community giving totaled $179,000—or about 5.9% of the Bank’s net income. Our support also included a crucial $50,000 contribution to the COVID-19 Emergency Response Fund for Berkshire County. In its first year, the Foundation awarded a total of $229,810 in grants to 41 local non-profits. The Bank contributed an additional $84,000 in sponsorships bringing our total giving for 2021 to $313,810. Your business with us goes a long way in supporting our partnership with our community.
To be considered for grant awards, applicants must be a (501)(c)(3) nonprofit organization. The Foundation is focused on funding programs that work to bridge income and opportunity gaps in our region. Funding requests should reflect one or more of Lee Bank Foundation’s primary focus areas:
- Education and literacy
- Food security and nutrition
- Economic growth and development
- Health and human services
- Mentorship, internship and “school to work” initiatives
- Arts and culture
Applicants may submit only one application in a 12-month period
We welcome your inquiries and applications for both grant funding from the Foundation and sponsorships from the Bank as you seek to better our communities and improve the lives of our neighbors.
Any questions can be submitted to our AVP of Marketing and Community Engagement, Alison Brigham, at [email protected].
In order to prepare your answers prior to submitting your application, a Sample Grant Application can be viewed here.
We want to congratulate all of our 2021 Lee Bank Foundation grant recipients!
- 18 Degrees
- Alliance for a Viable Future
- Barrington Stage Company
- Berkshire Area Health Education Center
- Berkshire Bounty
- Berkshire Busk!
- Berkshire Center for Justice
- Berkshire Community Action Council
- Berkshire Community Diaper Project
- Berkshire County Historical Society
- Berkshire Grown
- Berkshire Immigrant Center
- Berkshire Innovation Center
- Berkshire Museum
- Berkshire Natural Resource Council
- Berkshire Pulse
- Berkshire South Regional Community Center
- Berkshire Theatre Group
- Community Access to the Arts
- Community Development Corporation of South Berkshire
- Elizabeth Freeman Center
- Extra Special Teas
- Flying Cloud Institute
- Goodwill Industries of the Berkshires and S. VT
- Latinas 413
- Literacy Network of South Berkshire
- Mahaiwe Performing Arts Center
- Mass MoCA
- Music in Common
- NAACP Berkshire County Chapter
- New Stage Performing Arts Center
- Norman Rockwell Museum
- Railroad Street Youth Project
- Roots Rising
- Shakespeare & Company
- Volunteers in Medicine
- WAM Theater
- YES Youth Education Sports