The next application deadline for the Lee Bank Foundation is March 1st!
Lee Bank’s community commitment stretches back to our origins in 1852. Since then, our contributions and sponsorship programs have cast a wide footprint across the Berkshire County region. In 2021, the Lee Bank Foundation was established to support the Bank's long-standing mission of community reinvestment.Since its inception, the Foundation has distributed 93 grants totaling $477,330.
As an independent, community-based bank, we do not have financial obligations to shareholders. Instead, our obligation--and our privilege--is to focus on community reinvestment with financial support for many fine organizations that keep the Berkshires thriving and striving.
Our grant and sponsorship recipients range from arts and culture organizations to grass-roots groups focused on food security, literacy, job readiness, economic development and many other initiatives benefiting area families and children. We prioritize Berkshire-based organizations that receive the majority of their funding from local sources.
To be considered for grant awards, applicants must be a (501)(c)(3) nonprofit organization. The Foundation is focused on funding programs that work to bridge income and opportunity gaps in our region. Funding requests should reflect one or more of Lee Bank Foundation’s primary focus areas:
- Education and literacy
- Food security and nutrition
- Economic growth and development
- Health and human services
- Mentorship, internship and “school to work” initiatives
- Arts and culture
Organizations may only receive funding once in a 12-month period.
We welcome your inquiries and applications for both grant funding from the Foundation and sponsorships from the Bank as you seek to better our communities and improve the lives of our neighbors.
Any questions can be submitted to our AVP of Marketing and Community Engagement, Alison Brigham, at [email protected].
In order to prepare your answers prior to submitting your application, a Sample Grant Application can be viewed here.
We want to congratulate all of our 2022 Lee Bank Foundation grant recipients!
- 18 Degrees
- Alliance for a Viable Future
- Berkshire Black Economic Council
- Berkshire Bounty
- Berkshire Center for Justice
- Berkshire Community Action Council
- Berkshire Community Diaper Project
- Berkshire Concert Choir
- Berkshire County Arc
- Berkshire County Head Start
- Berkshire County Historical Society
- Berkshire Family YMCA
- Berkshire Grown
- Berkshire Immigrant Center
- Berkshire Innovation Center
- Berkshire Pulse
- Berkshire Regional Planning Commission
- Berkshire South Regional Community Center
- Berkshire Theatre Group
- Business Professionals of America, Massachusetts Association
- Center for Peace through Culture
- Chabad of the Berkshires
- Central Berkshire Habitat for Humanity
- Community Access to the Arts
- Community Development Corporation of South Berkshire
- Community Health Programs
- Community Recreation Association
- Elizabeth Freeman Center
- Extra Special Teas
- Flying Cloud Institute
- Goodwill Industries of the Berkshires and S. VT
- Great Barrington Public Theater
- Latinas 413
- Lee Historical Society
- Life Needs Co-Op (Stanton Home)
- Link to Libraries
- Literacy Network of South Berkshire
- Mahaiwe Performing Arts Center
- Norman Rockwell Museum
- Pittsfield Public Schools
- Roots Rising
- Second Street Second Chances
- South Community Food Pantry
- The Christian Center
- The Mastheads
- The People's Pantry
- Volunteers in Medicine
- WAM Theater